Fellow Nigerians and MTN 4G Network Lovers, the wait is officially over as MTN Nigeria makes their 4G LTE service available for all states in Nigeria.
Following the acquisition of Visafone by MTN earlier in 2016, they have launched their 4G network and makes data plans available for Nigerians, but previously only in selected states.
Their 4G LTE is now available in all states and to use MTN 4G data plan, you must be using a compatible phone and must have swapped your sim for MTN 4G sim card.
To make things easier for its subscribers/users, MTN Nigeria makes available a short message code that can be easily used to confirm if your smartphone is compatible or can use mtn 4g network data plans. If compatible, you can then go to a nearest MTN office and get an mtn 4g sim card.
How To Check If My Phone Is Compatible With MTN 4G Service?
Your phone must be 4G enabled. If not, don’t bother.
- Text 4G to 131.
- If your smart phone is compatible, you will receive a message that Yello! Your device is 4G ready but you need to upgrade your SIM to enjoy MTN 4G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer for a sim swap now.
- If your phone is not compatible, you will receive a message that Yello! You need to upgrade your SIM card and device to enjoy MTN 4G LTE. Please visit the nearest MTN store or partner retailer to upgrade now.
- For those with compatible smartphones with MTN 4g network, kindly visit any nearest MTN office and get yourself an MTN 4G Sim Card.
MTN 4G Data Plans And How To Subscribe
If you have confirmed your phone is compatible with MTN 4G network and have gotten yourself a 4g sim card, dial *444# to check and choose mtn 4g plan suitable for you. Below are some of the plans.
- 100MB for N500 (Valid for 7 days).
- 150MB for N499 (Valid for 24 hours).
- 200MB for N1000 (Valid for 30 days).
- Unlimited data for N36,999 (Valid for 30 days).
- 42GB for N66499 (Valid for 12 Months).
- 10GB for N6000 (Valid for 30 days).
- 15GB for N10,000 (Valid for 30 days).
That’s it on MTN 4G network plan and sim card. Do let us know what you think.